What does born again mean?
To understand what it means to be born again, we will draw on John chapter 3, where Jesus has a conversation with a Jewish Pharisee named Nicodemus. But in summary, Jesus used these words to tell us about a spiritual change that we need in our lives in order to have eternal life. Nicodemus approaches Jesus one night and says Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him. (v.3) Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. What Jesus was trying to say to Nicodemus was that no work that he did, nor his many academic titles, nor how perfect he tried to behave would make him have eternal life (go to heaven), Jesus was implying that he needs to start again is to have a new beginning. At some time in life we have said these words I would like to start from scratch, I would like to have a start over with a clean slate, and that is what Jesus offers us a new life, to be born again is that, it is when we can see in our lives a radical change is when we can say I was like that and now I am like this.







I see that you have a deep knowledge of the bible Karen.
ResponderEliminarHello Karen !!
ResponderEliminarThanks for sharing with us your reflection about to born again, I think that the world needs more reflections like this, I think God gives me the chance to born again every day when I open my eyes and I can see the blessings that around me.